Friday 28 June 2013

Paper Piecing Party – A Stitch in Time

 For those who might be a bit LEGO Star Wars-ed out, I’m focusing on the And Sew On BoM June blocks for the party this week!

Can you believe June is nearly over?! No, me neither. It does mean you need to hurry to get in quickly to get the June block as a freebie, make it, and link it up to the And Sew On BoM linky party (different to the Paper Piecing Party linky – I know confusing. Sorry!). BoM Linky party is HERE. Party linky party – further down this page.

So! Confusion out of the way, let’s look at some pretty pretty.

Here are some of the blocks showing up for June so far:

Vera's block

This is Vera’s from Negligent Style (formerly Halabala style). I’ve managed to convince her to at least try paper piecing, even if she doesn’t love it. Winking smile I think she’s done a fab job – look at those fussy cut hexies!

More sweet fussy cut hexies from Amy @ Amy’s Crafty Shenanigans. Bit of Nursery Versery anyone?
And Sew On June 2013 - hexies with tea cup

And the cutest strawberry print you ever did see features in Mary’s block:

mary's block

Aren’t they looking cute? You still have a couple of days to make your own version! Free pattern is available in my Craftsy shop! Not long til the next block! Whew!

Your turn! Link up something foundation paper pieced and check out what everyone else has been up to!

PPPQP button

Quick refresher on what the deal is with the Paper Piecing Party (full details here):
* It’s on every weekend here at Quiet Play, starting Friday.
* Link up something you’re working on that’s foundation paper pieced
* Link a blog post or flickr photo
* Visit at least two other links and leave a comment because that’s half the fun!
* I’ll pick one each week to win their choice of a free pattern from my Craftsy shop. Keep on paper piecing ;) Last week’s winner was Pippa!

12 comments:

  1. The fussy cutting is so cute! Great blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vera's is too sweet! Never would've taken her for a non-PP'er ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and since you left it out, I apparently subconsciously decided to bring SW back in, ha!

      Delete
  3. Oh, thank you Kristy! I feel so special now that you featured my cup! You made my day! I love the other version too! Great pattern as usual ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great pattern - that tea cup is so clever! Thanks for showing mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aagh! I have been so caught up with Scrappy blocks that paper-piecing has gone completely by the board this month. I promise to be much better next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope I can get some sewing time before months end to sew up this block! It looks like a fun pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little hexies are so damn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I need to get caught up on all my BOMs! (All 2 of them!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kristy. I linked up y little bee quilt because he's paper pieced. I'm not sure if you just want your patterns or anything. If its not right I will delete it ; )
    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read each and every word! I'll do my best to reply to them either via email or here on the blog, when time permits!